1. Welcomes the new comer to the organization.
2. Explain the overall objectives of the company and the department.
3. Explain the employees’ role in achieving the objectives.
4. Show the location or place of work.
5. Handover the rules and job descriptions.
6. Give detail the training opportunities and promotional advancement.
7. Discuss the working conditions.
8. Furnish all details regarding salary and benefits.
9. Guide the employees through a tour of entire of the organization.
10. The induction program usually done either by formal induction program and or by informal induction program. Some large organizations follow the formal induction program, which carefully planned induction-orientation training program helps a new employee to quickly adjust to the new surroundings, assimilate the new culture, and Reduce Insecurity, Reduced Anxiety, Reduced Cultural Shock, and Reduced Exploitation. In some medium and small organizations informal induction program is carried out either by Supervisor system and or Buddy or Sponsor system.
Elements of good Induction Programme
A good induction programme has three main elements which is described below:
1. Introductory Information: Introductory information regarding the history of the company and company’s products, its organizational structure, policies, rules and regulations etc. should be given informally or in group session in the personnel department. It will help the candidates to understand the company and the organizational policies and standards well.
2. On the Job Information: Further information should be given to the new employee by the department supervisor in the department concerned where he is placed on the job about
departmental facilities and requirements such as nature of the job, the extent of his liability and the employee activities such as recreational facilities, safety measures, job... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 12). Steps of the New Induction Program. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Steps-Of-The-New-Induction-Program-515597.html
"Steps of the New Induction Program" StudyMode.com. 12 2010. 12 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Steps-Of-The-New-Induction-Program-515597.html>.
"Steps of the New Induction Program." StudyMode.com. 12, 2010. Accessed 12, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Steps-Of-The-New-Induction-Program-515597.html.