Identify company’s identity and image being communicating to its customers.
- Mission statement: « Our mission: to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighbourhood at a time » * The store is the biggest and leading coffee shop/retailer in the world, with over 16,000 stores worldwide. The corporate identity is known worldwide.
* The company is known for great coffee, lots of choices and being fast but not for cheap coffee With the downturn in the economy, many people started to shy away from Starbucks as they recognized it as a luxury product. These people have not stopped buying cups of coffee on the way to work, but rather switched to “cheaper” options. By changing their corporate identity, Starbucks has been able to grab a share of the market that was out of reach until recently. Starbucks simultaneously has become luxury coffee and its cheaper alternative. * Their stores become known for being a great place to hang out and surf the web, write, and study.
* The issue with Starbucks was never their quality of product. Even people that hate Starbucks, enjoy their coffee if they do not know that it is from Starbucks.
* Is the green and white logo that is on every store, every cup, every bag of Starbucks brand coffee found in the isles of every grocery store.
Evolution of the logo
* New logo in 2011 for celebrating the 40th anniversary of the company. This is the fourth version of Starbucks’ logo since the company’s beginnings as a small coffee, tea and spice shop in Seattle in 1971.
* Latest evolution of its brand’s identity (2011) is the consequence of serious and significant reflection within a business seeking genuine synchronicity of its business and brand strategy.
* This evolution of the brand visual identity is not about Starbucks branding, it’s about what Starbucks’ brand stands for millions of consumers, worldwide, now and in the future.