We chose Starbucks Company because it is more than just coffee, we like the concept of having a coffee bistro that offers an excellent espresso and serves as a great place where people come together to enjoy a nice and cozy atmosphere with Wi-Fi access while sipping coffee. Moreover, Starbucks does not believe in franchising, Mr. Howard Schultz (founder and CEO) made a clear point of having Starbucks retain ownership of every domestic outlet, which makes the company very successful. Starbucks has aggressively expanded its market not only in the United States, but globally.
Howard Schultz has demonstrated that he has a clear vision and the company follows their mission statements.
We as financial analysts used financial ratios to evaluate the company’s performance throughout the years 2009, 2010 and 2011.
In conclusion, Starbucks it is a stable company that uses clever marketing, superior product as well as good old fashion hard work becoming a very large, and a successful multi-billion dollar business.
I. Firm, Industry and Environment
A. Description of firm and its management
• Is a coffeehouse chain company based in Seattle Washington
• Is the largest coffeehouse company in the world
• Operates in over 61 countries and have 20,336 coffee shops. United Stated, which it is largest market, has a total of 13,123 coffee shops
• Sells cold and hot drinks, coffee bean, salads, hot and cold sandwiches, sweet pastries, snacks and items such as mugs and tumbler
Howard Schulz, founder and CEO:
• Acquired Starbucks in 1987 making this company one of the best coffee brand in the world. Schulz created a principle “how to make ordinary into extraordinary” with this concept Starbucks runs its business today
• Management: Troy Alstead is the chief financial officer and chief administrative officer. He oversees the company’s global finance, technology, and supply chain... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 02). Starbucks 2012. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Starbucks-2012-1407039.html
"Starbucks 2012" StudyMode.com. 02 2013. 02 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Starbucks-2012-1407039.html>.
"Starbucks 2012." StudyMode.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Starbucks-2012-1407039.html.