1. Mistakes were made.
A .I made a mistake.
2. Musicla legends such as Ray Charles, Billie Holiday, and Johnny Cash have all influenced Norah Jones. A. Same, sentence is already in active voice.
3. Numerous reports of loud music from bars and shouting neighbors were taken by the city’s new noise complaint hotline. A. The city’s new noise complaint hotline took numerous reports of loud music from bars and shouting neighbors. 4. The violin solo was perfomed by an eight-year-old.
A. An eight-year-old performed the violin solo.
5. In a patient with celiac disease, intestinal damage can be caused by the body’s immunological response to gluten. A. The body’s immunological response to gluten can cause intestinal damage in a patient with celiac disease.
1. The original Star Trek television show, which ran from 1966 to 1969, had low ratings and was canceled by the network even though it was critically acclaimed. 2. Athena, the goddess of wisdom, was relied on by the Ancient Greeks to protect the city of Athens, wich was named in her honor. 3. When Harry Potter, a fictional wizard, turns eleven years old, he is taken to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. 4. Flappers, who broke with 1920s social conventions by cutting their hair short and smoking in public, semmed rebellious to their parents’ generation. 5. In the mid-seventies, skateboarding originated in Venice, California, where, because of a drought, the swimming pools were empty.
1) P: Not knowing their names, not answering their questions, and not reading their stories, the politician clearly did not understand reporters. C: The Politician certainly did not understand the reporters , whose names he did not know, whose questions he did not answer, and whose stories he did not read. 2) P: Unable to eat dinner, do my homework, or get any sleep, I could think only of my mother’s surgery the next morning. C: All I could think about was of my mother’s surgery the next...