Read Review Question 8 located at the end of Chapter 3.
Select two (2) editorials / essays / columns (by staff or freelance writers) on a current issue of public policy from two (2) different publications (large metropolitan or national newspaper such as Washington Post or the New York Times or national magazines such as Newsweek, Time, and The New Republic.)
Examine Box 3.0 – Conducting a Stakeholder Analysis.
Read Demonstration Exercise 1 located at the end of Chapter 3.
Choose a policy issue area in the U.S. such as gun control, violent crime control, white-collar crime, illegal drugs, medical insurance fraud, and environmental protection of waterways, job creation, affordable health care, or Medicare.
Explore the chart features of Excel, PowerPoint for use in this assignment.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:(Note: Refer to Review Question 8 located at the end of Chapter 3 for criteria 1-3.)
1. Apply the procedures for argumentation analysis (located in Chapter 8) to display contending positions and underlying assumptions for the content of Review Question 1.
2. Rate the assumptions and plot them according to their plausibility and importance. (Refer to Figure 3.16, “Distribution of warrant by plausibility and importance.”)
3. Determine which arguments are the most plausible. Provide a rationale for your views.
(Note: Refer to Demonstration Exercise 1 located at the end of Chapter 3 for criteria 4-6.)
4. Apply the procedures for stakeholder analysis presented in Box 3.0 “Conducting a Stakeholder Analysis” to generate a list of stakeholders who affect or are affected by problems in the issue area chosen for analysis.
5. Create a cumulative frequency distribution from the list, placing stakeholders (numbered 1 – n) on the horizontal axis; placing the number of new ideas generated by each stakeholder; and then connecting the total new ideas of each stakeholder with a line graph.... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 08). Stakeholder Analysis. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Stakeholder-Analysis-1859598.html
"Stakeholder Analysis" StudyMode.com. 08 2013. 2013. 08 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Stakeholder-Analysis-1859598.html>.
- MLA 7
"Stakeholder Analysis." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 08 2013. Web. 08 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Stakeholder-Analysis-1859598.html>.
"Stakeholder Analysis." StudyMode.com. 08, 2013. Accessed 08, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Stakeholder-Analysis-1859598.html.