|Staff Hand Book | | | |For new staff | | | |18/11/2012 | | | |Carleen Betts |
This hand book will have everything you need to settle in to your role as a care worker. It will tell you what your responsibilities are as carer worker, the responsibilities of the manager to you and the responsibilities the individuals that visit this organisation on day to day bases. It will also have the laws that you need to be aware of to insure you and the service user are both safe within this organisation.
1. Responsibilities of a Care Worker.
2. Responsibilities of the Employer or Manager.
3. Responsibilities of Individuals.
4. Legislation relating to general health and safety in a social care setting. 5. How to find additional support and information relating to health and safety. 6. Health and safety that should only be carried out with special training.
1. Responsibilities of a Care Worker
*A care worker should always make sure that the Manager provides the correct equipment e.g. latex or non-latex disposable gloves, disposable aprons, Masks, protective clothing and hand sanitizer. This is required by law to prevent the spread of infection. *Make sure to dispose of this items in the correct way and not leaving them lying around. This could become hazardous to service users and other members of staff. *You are also responsible...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document