Sports Bussiness

Topics: West Ham United F.C., FA Cup, Upton Park Pages: 3 (735 words) Published: February 7, 2013
Sports Business Unit 25
Assignment 1: Part A
Business One Name: West Ham United
West ham united ground is located in London at the Boleyn ground, Green Street. The club was founded in 1895 as Thames Ironworks FC and reformed in 1900 as West Ham United. In 1923 the club featured in the first FA Cup Final to be held at the new Wembley against Bolton Wanderers. Three West Ham players where considered an important factor behind England’s triumph in the 1966 World Cup. West Ham United is a Professional Football Club which they pay their players for competing for them, Players will often recieve a set salary for staying with the club, and bonuses when they play well. Professional sports club like West Ham United will usually offer thier players good playing and training facilities aswell as rehabilitation services. It is private limited this means the ownership and control are closely connected only Certain individuals are able to buy shares. They have a partnership business both partners benefit by sharing the costs and responsibilities of the business , the profits of the business are then shared out between them. In January 2010, David Sullivan and David Gold acquired 50% share in west ham, from the CB holding, given them an overall operational and commercial control. At the end of May 2010 both David Gold and David Sullivan purchased a further 10% stake in the club at a cost of £8million, this took their controlling stake of 60% they also announced in the near future they may open up shares for fans to purchase. The business sector of West Ham United is a private sector the aim is to make profit. The sport they offer is football, they also have activities for dinners, receptions and parties, and they work closely with local DJ’s and bands. Also they offer expertise and experience ceremonies for weddings, West Ham United also offer hotels with a comfortable 3-star accommodation in a unique location. The staffs that are involved starting from the Club...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Sports Essay
  • Essay on Sports Management
  • Electronic Sports: Really a "Sport"? Essay
  • Organized Sport Essay
  • What Ails Indian Sports Essay
  • Sports: Positive Influence on Kids Research Paper
  • Technology in Sports Essay
  • Adventure Sports Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free