1. Carry out duties of the house
2. Assign people to different events
3. Represent the house at inter-school events
4. Enforce discipline
5. In all be the face of the school
The following are points to be noted while writing a speech to become school prefect: How will you do the above?
1. Be punctual- don’t be late to school or not submit homework or classwork. 2. Take everybody’s interests in account- don’t just think about what you would like. 3. Be friendly but stern- you don’t want people to dislike you or think you are mean. Why do you deserve the position?
Talk about your qualities- how much experience you have:
1. Maybe you have a smaller sibling- experience in disciplining and taking care. 2. Suggest points where you might have gone to another school where you were a prefect and how well you organized things there. 3. You can also include points about visiting other places where you watched the school children and noticed how they were being organized and disciplined- experience. Compiling all of the above points and adding some of your points, you will have the introduction and body of your speech. For the conclusion:
1. End by saying how you will be proud to lead your school.
2. You can also put in quotes as this will make people think that you are well-read. 3. You might also put in why discipline and organization are essential parts of a successful life.
If you would like an example of a speech such as which I am talking about, please read on…
The following is a skeleton of a speech written for election of school prefect:
I would like to take this opportunity to run for school prefect. I believe true leadership is a quality many aspire to have, and only a few truly obtain, because in order to become a leader you must first learn to follow. I believe over the past four years this school has given me the knowledge, education and understanding to fulfill the qualities to become a...