Marlita Hill’s The “N*Word” Speech
The purpose of this assignment is for you to apply what you’ve learned about listening and criticism in a 2-3 page analysis of Marlita Hill’s “The N*Word” speech. Your paper must be typed in Times New Roman 12-inch font, doubled spaced, and written in essay form. This is not a free write. Your analysis must have an introduction, body, and conclusion. Importantly, as you analyze the speech, be sure to address the following: * Did Marlita connect her topic to the audience? If so, how did she do that? If not, what could she have done?
* Marlita delivered a memorized speech. How would delivering this speech extemporaneously change your impression of the speech?
* Describe her vocal delivery. What did she do well? What could she have done better?
* Describe Marlita’s use of nonverbal delivery skills, such as her use of gestures, eye contact, vocal expression, rate, pause and emphasis.
* Marlita appeared passionate about her topic. How did she show her passion through her nonverbal delivery?
* Was her use of nonverbal delivery effective? Explain your answer.
* How well did Marlita incorporate evidence in her speech? Give examples.
* Do you think she did a good job of orally citing sources? Why or why not?
* How did the Marlita’s attire further communicate the speaker’s message?
* What would you recommend that Marlita do to improve her delivery?
* Was Marlita’s argument convincing? Why or why not?
* What do you think was the most persuasive aspect of Marlita’s speech?
*LATE OR E-MAILED PAPERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED*
Please join StudyMode to read the full document