United Airlines is the largest major airline carrier of them all, accounting for 22% of the market share. Southwest Airlines is a national carrier and accounts for 4% of the market share. Southwest has continued to be success while other airlines have filed for bankruptcy, lay off employees, and cut flights. Some of the main reasons why Southwest has continued success are because:
• Southwest avoids big airports, which cuts gate cost and labor cost for larger airports.
• Southwest flies nonstop routes and uses a point to point system which cuts gas.
• The airline does not offer meals only peanuts and beverages because the flights are so short.
• Southwest has also been rewarded for their excellent customer service with three Triple Crown Awards.
• The leading airline only offers coach seating no seats is... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2008, 09). Southwest Airline Case Study. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2008, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Southwest-Airline-Case-Study-161830.html
"Southwest Airline Case Study" StudyMode.com. 09 2008. 09 2008 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Southwest-Airline-Case-Study-161830.html>.
"Southwest Airline Case Study." StudyMode.com. 09, 2008. Accessed 09, 2008. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Southwest-Airline-Case-Study-161830.html.