With the assistance of major law firm Allens Arthur Robinson, we are reviewing all materials that we are loading onto the Intranet (and not so far considered as part of this project) to ensure that we operate at the highest level of operational efficiency and best practice.
BENEFITS OF IMPROVED INFORMATION MANAGEMENT PRACTICES
Consequent upon discussions with each clinic coordinator, it was obvious that QPILCH would benefit from the implementation of a knowledge and information management system. We implemented a standard system for developing and capturing forms and precedents. It was considered that, not only would this improve efficiency and effectiveness of clinics, it would also provide an invaluable resource to CLC’s.
A protocol was established for developing forms and precedents from documents created by QPILCH employees or volunteers. In accordance with those protocols, documents were sanitised and keyworded and uploaded onto the website for the use of our service partners. Protocols were also developed for correction of errors and keeping documents current.
The project outcomes include:
• Summary of papers delivered at the “Flowers in the Desert: Clinical Legal Education, Ethical Awareness and Community Service”, Melbourne 13-15 July 2005.
• Models for law department learning and building knowledge capital contained in a presentation by Joel Henning entitled “Are you unleashing your Law Department’s Potential”.
• A survey for students of QPILCH clinical legal education programs.
• Data obtained from survey of student clinics.
• Instruction sheets to assist students in developing lawyering skills of Interviewing, Fact Gathering, Letter Writing and File Opening
• Instruction sheet in delegation, supervision and feedback
• Session outline in telephone interviewing as prototype
• Ethics and Professional responsibility seminar topics and guidelines for student seminars.
• Core... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 09). Sonu. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Sonu-413252.html
"Sonu" StudyMode.com. 09 2010. 09 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Sonu-413252.html>.
"Sonu." StudyMode.com. 09, 2010. Accessed 09, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Sonu-413252.html.