To provide the trainee on-the-job experience needed to successfully perform his job as an Operations Officer for AHFA(Al Hoor Freight Agents) and at the same time give the trainee an idea of how the freight industry works.
IMPORTANCE OF ON-THE-JOB TRAINING:
On-the-job Training is the part of a college curriculum that aims to train and orient students about real-life work and their future career. OJT is very important not only to teach students about their chosen career but to show students the reality of having a job. On-the-job Training is very important and should not be taken for granted, here’s why:
1. Aside from the high evaluation grade that you will receive from the employer, the employer may absorb or offer you a job after graduation.
2. Your background OJT experience is very important when applying a job. Employers often ask about the OJT experience and how it is related to the job that you are applying for.
3. The OJT experience that you had can land you a great job. Especially if you applied for a job that is in line with your OJT.
4. Your superior in the company that you trained at may recommend your skills to company affiliates or other companies.
5. OJT will be your training ground. If you still have no idea on what it means to be a worker, OJT will open your eyes to at least 10% of work realities.
6. You can consider your OJT experience as your guide on your first days at work,especially if your OJT work and current work are related. You can use experience gained from OJT as reference to your current job if you still have issues on adjusting to the real job.
7. Having a good performance during OJT is very important especially now that there is tight competition among job seekers and high qualification of companies.