1.1 Background of the Study
There are lots of beautiful restaurants with expensive food that get big earnings but they're not properly paying taxes. It can also cause the state or other local government to shut down a restaurant completely if taxes aren’t paid. Other restaurants change their sales for good even before the recession has started. Restaurants have become successful but others fail because of some problems like a bad location, poor visibility, no parking or maybe no foot traffic. These can affect the restaurant’s progress.
1.2 Theoretical Framework
Mission: To serve great food at a reasonable price
The restaurant is a single proprietorship; it has only one owner that provides the total needs of the business. It was established on February 13 2013. The restaurant starts at 6am until 12 midnight. The promos of the restaurant start at 10pm. The menus are based on their fixed menu just like fast foods; they're not changing their list every day. The restaurant has 5 crew members which serve the customers every day.
1.3 Statement of the Problem
1.3.1 General Problem This study tried to investigate the factors that affect the sales of the Dyulyus crepes and steaks. It answers the question "How do these factors affect the sales of the restaurant?"
1.3.2 Specific Problem
This study also tried to answer the following questions:
• How do the employee's skills affect the sales of the Dyulyus Crepes and Steaks?
• Can changes in climate affects the sales of Dyulyus Crepes and Steaks?
• How a new build competent restaurant affects the Dyulyus Crepes and Steaks?
• Does the weekly menu give a negative effect on the sales of Dyulyus and Steaks?
1.4 Significance of the Study
This study provides the restaurant the factors and a suggested solution for the problems of the Dyulyus Crepes and Steaks. It can help them to improve the rate of their sales and it gives them some ideas on how to avoid a decreasing value of sale's rate.
This study gives some knowledge to the customers about the competition and problems that occur on the restaurant. It will provide reasons why some restaurant give some promos and use different strategies on selling their products.
Working on the research, the researcher gains some knowledge on how to strategize a single proprietorship restaurant. He becomes aware on how hard to manage a single proprietorship restaurant.
The Future Researcher
This system can help the future researcher for them to have an idea for their upcoming research. It can guide them in constructing a research paper.
1.5 Scope and Limitation of the Study
This study focuses only on the following topics:
• The factors that affects the sales of the restaurant
• The effects that this factors brings on the restaurant's sales
• The suggested solutions on the following factors that gives a negative effects on the sales of the restaurant
Despite of the following scope of the study, there are things that the study didn't include. These limitations are the following:
• The ingredients or recipe of the restaurant's menu
• The budget and the expense of the restaurant
• The solution for spoiled food
1.6 Definition of Terms
The following words are given with meaning for better understandings of this study:
• Sole Proprietorship - is a type of business entity that is owned and run by one individual and in which there is no legal distinction between the owner and the business.
2.0 Review of Related Studies and Literature
2.1 Foreign and Local Studies
According to the research...