Soft skill for successful career:
Soft skills with special focus on ITES.
Soft skill is the ability required and expected from persons for finding a suitable job, its maintenance and promotion.
Importance of soft skill:
Soft skill is very important
➢ To handle interpersonal relations
➢ To take appropriate decisions
➢ To communicate effectively
➢ To have good impression and impact to gain professional development
Communication skill as soft skill:
• Communication skills form the corner stone of soft skill • Every human being has to essentially & effectively communicate with others • Effective communication is the hallmark of one’s education • The ability to speak fluently using the right word in the right order is an good communication • Message using appropriate vocabulary and syntax form effective communication
Non verbal language
▪ Face is the index of the mind and it clearly displays the persons interest ▪ Body language presents to the audience what we feel & think about the particular matter Ex: Nodding one’s head
▪ Body language (e.g, arms crossed, standing, sitting, relaxed) ▪ Emotion of the sender & receiver (e.g, speaking clearly, enthusiastic)
Written communication Skill:
❖ Writing evaluates a person’s proficiency indications, spelling grammar etc… ❖ Errors committed while writing circulars, reports & agenda considerably spoil the image of the writer ❖ Good visual presentation using graphics, color, balanced design layout- adds so much to written communication. ❖ Keep handouts and other written materials for your presentation.
▪ Presentation skills include planning, preparation & delivery of the message ▪ Making a formal speech is one form of presentation
▪ Presentation skills can be broadly categorized into physical oral, & electronic ▪ Success in life depends on presenting ideas in an appropriate manners ▪ Look at the eyes of audience & speak in a natural, conversational voice ▪ Appropriate voice will make the presentation effective and interesting ▪ Ask for feed back from your audience about your presentation & change accordingly ▪ In presentation especially, stop occasionally to ask the audience understand what you have said
◆ People of either gender, different age groups, qualification, status & skills work as a team with a common objective of accomplishing the task ◆ The success of any organization largely depends on in the coordinated efforts of its employees ◆ It mainly refers to the agreeableness & co-operation among the team members
◆ Professional ethics is the need of the hour in India ◆ When a person is at the work spot, he must think of his work only ◆ He must put his heart & soul into the work
◆ Each employee is a organic part of the organization & must strive to contribute his mite to the successful functioning of the organization
◆ Man is a social animal & his success in life largely depends on his relationship & interaction with others ◆ We must respect the views & sentiments of others.
◆ When we want to differ their views, we must very politely give hints to them without wondering their feelings
Time & Stress Management:
➢ Prioritize the work & schedule your time accordingly ➢ Impotent work should be allotted more time & taken up first ➢ Listening to classical music & practicing Yoga will considerably reduce the physical,emotional & mental stress of an individual
Leadership communication skills:
▪ Leaders, executives & managers need to be very clear about what they expect from others ▪ Trust your self
▪ Keep smiling
▪ Share & stay together
▪ Always learn new things
▪ Accept responsibility for your self & your actions
Please join StudyMode to read the full document