- QUESTION 2- WHAT DID PETER BURGER MEAN WHEN HE SAID THE SOCIOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVE IS ‘SEEING THE GENERAL IN THE PARTICULAR’?
- QUESTION 3- WHICH GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS IS MORE LIKELY TO COMMIT SUICIDE, ACCORDING TO DURKHEIM? EXPLAIN HOW SOCIOLOGISTS KNOW THAT THE POWER OF SOCIETY IS EVIDENT IN THE PERSONAL DECISION TO COMMIT SUICIDE.
- QUESTION 4- IDENTIFY THE ORIGINS OF SOCIOLOGY. WHAT WERE THE TWO (2) DISCIPLINES THAT WERE USED TO STUDY THE HUMAN CONDITION (SOCIETY) PRIOR TO THE ADVENT OF SOCIOLOGY? HOW DO THEY DIFFER FROM SOCIOLOGY?
- QUESTION 5- DESCRIBE THE FOCUS OF THE STRUCTURAL-FUNCTIONAL PARADIGM. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LATENT AND MANIFEST FUNCTIONS?
- QUESTION 6- DESCRIBE THE FOCUS OF THE SOCIAL-CONFLICT PARADIGM. GIVE AN EXAMPLE.
- QUESTION 7- DESCRIBE THE FOCUS OF THE SYMBOLIC-INTERACTION PARADIGM. HOW DOES IT DIFFER FROM THE OTHER TWO? GIVE AN EXAMPLE.
- QUESTION 8- EXPLAIN EACH OF THE FOLLOWING RESEARCH METHODS: EXPERIMENT, SURVEY, Sociology enables us to understand the structure and dynamics of society, and their intricate connections to patterns of human behavior and individual life changes. It examines the ways in which the forms of social structure -- groups, organizations, communities, social categories (such as class, sex, age, or race), and various social institutions (such as kinship, economic, political, or religious) affect human attitudes, actions, and opportunities
PARTICIPANT OBSERV Sociology, anthropology and psychology are studies, theories and ideas , anthropology and psychology are studies, theories and ideas study of humankind. More often than not, the individual studies of either subject overlap slightly into one or the other. Therefore, they are the trinity to the study of man. To the...