SCHOOL BASED ASSESSMENT
Candidate’s Name: Brandon Pindling
School: Excelsior Community College
Teacher: Mrs. C. Morrissey
Topic: JUVENILE DELINQUENCY
Table of Contents
Table of Contents1
Statement of the problem3
Method of investigation4
Instrument used to collect data5-8
Procedure used to collect data9
Presentation and explanation of data (figure 1)10
Interpretation of data16-17
I would like t thank my Social Studies teacher for giving me this opportunity to do the S.B.A. I would also like to thank my neighbor Lilith Green who helped me in do this S.B.A.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
To what extent do poverty, peer pressure and parental neglect contribute to Juvenile Delinquency?
METHOD OF INVESTIGATION
The researcher decided to use questionnaires for the collection of data. The questionnaire was made up of nineteen (19) questions. The questionnaire as a tool for collecting data has the following advantages: 1. It is easy to collate the data from a questionnaire
2. It is inexpensive
3. It is easily understood
4. It is not time-consuming
INSTRUMENT USED TO COLLECT DATA
A. MaleB. Female
A.Under 14 years
3. What is your educational status?
4. To what ethnic group do you belong?
5. How long have you lived in this community?
A.Below 2 yrs
B.3 – 5 yrs
C.6 – 8 yrs
D.9 – 12 yrs
E.12 yrs and over
6. At what age do the youth in your community begin to participate in Juvenile Delinquency?
A.Below 10 yrs
7. How much time do you spend with your peers?
A.Most of my time
B.Good amount of time
C.Only when I am free
D.I don’t spend any time with them/
8. Which of the following contributes to Juvenile Delinquency?
A.Parents inability to support children
B.Lack of attention and supervision by parent(s)/guardian(s) C.Regular absence of parents from the home
D.All of the above
9. How much of a problem is Juvenile Delinquency in your community?
A.Hardly a problem at all
B.A small problem
C.A large problem
D.A great nuisance
10. What do you think is the MAIN cause of Juvenile Delinquency in your community?
11. What is the MAIN sign that shows when a young person is becoming more involved with Juvenile Delinquency in your community?
A.Regression in school work
B.Development of an offensive attitude
C.Change of friends or peers
12. What type of problems or chaos do Juvenile Delinquents usually cause/practice within your community?
C.Disturbance of the Peace
F.All of the above
13. To which family type do these delinquents normally belong to?
A.Nuclear FamilyD.Reorganized Family
B.Extended FamilyE.Single Parent Family
14. To which socio-economic group do the majority of delinquents belong to?
A.Upper ClassD.Working Class
15. How does Juvenile Delinquency affect your community the MOST?
A.Increase in Crime and Violence
B.Increase of Homeless Individuals
C.Increase in Death Rate