* Communication – The process of transmitting verbal, visual or written information from one individual or group to another.
* Communiqué –An official announcement issued by government after some negotiation or deliberation about an intent or agreement.
* News Agency – An organization that supplies news/information to subscribing newspapers, television stations, magazines and broad casting companies.
* Medium – Any means or device used to transfer message from one sender or source to a receiver or audience. (Medium, mode and channel of communication are synonymous in nature.)
* Message – Spoken or written information which is transmitted to someone.
* Receiver – The person or audience to whom the message is sent.
* Sender – The person or source that sends a message.
* Transmission – The process by which electrical signals and messages are sent out by radio, television or any other similar equipment
* Journalism – the occupation of reporting, writing, editing, photographing or broadcasting of news and information in the print or electronic media by a reporter.
* Propaganda – the spreading of ideas, information, or rumours for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause or a person. It may be transmitted via a mass medium.
* Censorship – the official control or suppressing of books, letters, news, films on grounds of immorality.
* Freedom of expression – the right to express oneself freely in speech or writing without violating any existing law
* Freedom of the press – the right of the press to gather and publish or broadcast information, ideas or opinions freely without government interference or prior censorship.
* Oral Traditions – cultural practices and ideas handed down through oral communication (stories, speech etc.).
* Voice mail – computer based answering machines that records telephone messages and store them in the recipient’s voice mailbox at the telephone... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 03). Social Studies- Communication. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Social-Studies-Communication-1511323.html
"Social Studies- Communication" StudyMode.com. 03 2013. 2013. 03 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Social-Studies-Communication-1511323.html>.
- MLA 7
"Social Studies- Communication." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 03 2013. Web. 03 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Social-Studies-Communication-1511323.html>.
"Social Studies- Communication." StudyMode.com. 03, 2013. Accessed 03, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Social-Studies-Communication-1511323.html.