Origin of the Term Paper:
A social networking service is an online service, platform, or site that focuses on facilitating the building of social networks or social relations among people who, for example, share interests, activities, backgrounds, or real-life connections. Social networking can help a business gain contacts, clients, and increased public awareness. Even entrepreneurs who run small businesses from their homes can take advantage of this resource to set up a global presence.
It is very important to know about it. There are different social networking sites such as- facebook, twitter, goole+ and so on. Their acceptance has increased day by day that create more attention to know about it. Social networking is one of the most important online marketing developments in recent years as it is now a vital tool for thousands of businesses looking to connect with new and current customers and business associates. So, we think it is very important to gather the knowledge regarding this sector by preparing this term paper.
This term paper on Twitter is prepared to fulfill the partial requirement of the course of Strategic Management of the MBA program of the University.
Objective of the Term paper:
The primary objective of the term paper is:
To fulfill the partial requirement of the course of the MBA program.
To know about Twitter Inc.
To know the financial scenario of twitter
To know about the growth of twitter users.
To identify twitter position compare to their rivals
The secondary objectives of the term paper are as follows:
To know the operation of Twitter.
To know about the strategic planning of Twitter Inc.
To identify whether this co. doing perform well in social networking markets.
To make an opinion on the term papers.
Scope of the Term paper:
This term paper covered some analysis of Twitter Inc.
Secondary source of data: We have used different web sites to collect the information.
Limitations of the Term paper:
The term paper was completed under certain constrains which were:
Difficulty in gaining accesses to financial sector.
No availability of the most recent statistical data.
As we are student it is not possible for us to collect all the necessary information.
Lake of Experience.
Definition of strategy:
Strategic Management (Theory: 2000 – 2010):
• Strategic Management can be defined as
(1) The art and science of formulating,
(2) Implementing, and
(3) Evaluating cross-functional decisions that enable an organization to achieve its objectives.
• Strategic Management focuses on integrating management, marketing, finance/accounting, production/operation, research and development (R&D) and computer information systems to achieve organizational success.
Strategic Management (Theory: 2011 – 2015 ±):
Strategic management involves strategy development, which is comprised of five stages:
2. Strategic thinking,
3. Strategic planning,
4. Strategy roll-out,
5. Strategy tune-up/adjustment.
1. Discovery requires all members of the team to individually gather information on an agreed upon set of attributes affecting the organization.
2. Strategic thinking, which can be defined as ‘the generation and application of business insights on a continual basis to achieve competitive advantage’. 3. Strategic planning stage utilizes the insights form the strategic thinking phase to assemble a mission statement, set goals and objectives, audit the organization for internal strengths and weaknesses, assess the external environment for opportunities and threats, evaluate strategic options, and then select and operationalize an organizational strategy.
4. The strategy roll-out...