The various ways in which a company can use social media for Marketing of its products and PR are -
1. Branding and Buzz – Creating a recognizable for your product/service and that too in a way that it creates online conservation.
2. Online Reputation Management – people continuously talk about your products or services online – on blogs and forums. Hence, it is important to keep track of it, analyze it and to respond to it. ORM is the practice of consistent research and analysis of one’s personal or professional, business or industry reputation as represented by the content across all types of online media. Sites that help monitor online reputation are -
• Google.com/alerts – By subscribing for this via e-mail or RSS, updates about you or your company can be sent directly to your inbox.
• Technorati.com – Can track any blog that links up to yours and send you RSS updates when someone is talking about your company.
• Backtype.com – Searches for your company amidst blog comments.
• Search.twitter.com – searches any tweets related to your business.
• Trackur.com – Scours the Internet and provides extras (charts and filters) not provided by any other site.
3. Word of mouth marketing – Word of mouth marketing, or grassroots marketing or controversial marketing is an umbrella term for dozens of techniques that can be used to engage and energize customers. By building relationship with influencers through WOM, marketers can get people to become so enthusiastic about a cause, product or service that they drive sales through conservation.
4. Delicious and Digg – Delicious... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 10). Social Media. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Social-Media-427095.html
"Social Media" StudyMode.com. 10 2010. 10 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Social-Media-427095.html>.
"Social Media." StudyMode.com. 10, 2010. Accessed 10, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Social-Media-427095.html.