1. Why is soccer not popular in the U.S.A?
It’s not popular in U.S.A because of riots, player with one name, brutality, flopping objectivity, substitution, not enough scoring, the use of hands, the tie, and that they are not the best at it. Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/21488-top-ten-reasons-soccer-isnt-popular-in-the-united-states
2. Why soccer is called football in some countries? A journalist in The Time of London recently bemoaned the use of the Americanism “soccer”, but in so doing he displayed his ignorance, for soccer is an English word. It has fallen into disuse in England but remains in use in the US, in Australia, and in many other countries. Source:http://quezi.com/13195
3. How did soccer first start? It is said that early growth of the modern soccer started in England. Some amusing facts even mention that the first ball used was the head of some Danish brigand. It is said that during medieval times, the old form of soccer used to allow many ill practices like kicking, punching, biting and gouging. The main aim was to carry the ball to a target spot. Source: http://www.historyofsoccer.info/
4. Who are the most paid soccer players? The TOP Ten Most Paid Footballers are Samuel Eto’o with 9m, Zlatan lbrahimovic with 10.2m, Frank Lampard with 10.2m, Wayne Rooney with 12m, Thierry Henry with 12.6, Ronaldinho with 14.4, KaKa with 14.4m, Lionel Messi with 19.3, Cristiano Ronaldo with 22.9m, and David Beckham with 24.1m Source: http://www.footy-boots.com/worlds-top-ten-highest-paid-footballers/
5. How is a soccer ball made? The four main components of a soccer ball are the cover, the stitching, the lining and the bladder. There are many different types of soccer balls and different sizes and weights. Source: http://www.soccerballworld.com/Construction.htm
According to Owens, Thomas Throughout history people have played games in which a ball is kicked toward in opponent’s goal. Some people think that soccer began more than a thousand year ago, when pirates attacked an English village. According to Owens, Thomas in English, because soccer was played by kicking a ball with the foot, it was called football. According to Owens, Thomas Since there was no rule to stop them; some players started grabbing the ball with their hand. Finally in 1846, prayers at a school called cambildey. The University met an agreement on rules and wrote them down. According to Owens, Thomas By the year 1000, whole English villages played a sculler like game against other villages. Teams were large, and the goals were miles apart. According to Owens, Thomas Before soccer started in England, early soccer like games were played in china and Rome around 200 B.C. This ancient Roman carving shows soccer like game. According to France, Alex A journalist in the times of London recently bemoaned the use of the Americanism “soccer”, but in so doing he displayed his ignorance, for soccer in English word. According to France, Alex A governing body was formed in the 1860s called the football association, however at rugby school lone of the posh (English High Schools) they started pitching up the ball and running over the goal line in a try for a goal. According to France, Alex Henry the Eighth and Elizabeth the first banned it, and when James the first removed the ban the sport took off in big way. According to France, Alex It was of course necessary to distinguish between the dribbling. Type of football and the handling type of football and those terms were used frequently. Inevitably, when terms get used frequently they get abbreviated and colloquialoed. According to France, Alex If we go back far enough, we find the informal game of kicking the bladder. Being played with the leftovers of a slaughtered animal. By the 1100s the game was known as football.
According to Anonymous Elements of Soccer Ball and materials used in Production. Like Surface, casing or cover,...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document