Instructions: All assignments must have a title page
Answer all questions in complete sentences.
1. Name any three rules that govern the start of a Soccer game. (3) • All players are in their own half of the field
• The opponents of the team taking the kick-off are at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the ball until it is in play • The ball is stationary on the centre mark
2. List the four basic player positions in soccer and give a brief description of their Roles in the game. (4)
Forward- scores most of the goals plays a lot of centre field and up. Mid – Runs the entire field, helps a lot on defence as well as offence Fullback – primarily the defence but can support on offence as well Keeper – stays between the goal post and stops the ball from going in.
3. List three times when you can not be offside in soccer. He is in his own half of the field of play.
He is level with the second last opponent.
He is level with the last two opponents.
4. Explain the rule of “Offside.” (2)
He is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent.
5. What’s the difference between a Direct free kick and an Indirect free kick? (2)
Direct can go right in the net. Indirect must touch another player.
6. Explain the rules that govern a “Goal Kick”. (2)
• The ball is kicked from any point within the goal area by a player of the defending team • Opponents remain outside the penalty area until the ball is in play
7. What is the 18 yard box and why is it important.
The 18 yard box is an 18 yard rectangle that is in front of the net, it is to signify that the goalie can use his hands in the area. Also if a foul is committed in the 18 yard box, it is a free kick.
8. Explain the implication of the yellow and red cards in soccer. Yellow card – is a warning, if you...