Page: 129 #1-8 28/04/2011
1. Stimulus means something external that influences an activity. The examples of stimulus is Hitting the skin with a needle or pin is an example of stimulus and the sudden removing of the hand or jumping away is the response.
2. A stimulus would lead to a sensory experience. A sensory experience can also be referred to as a perception. For example, if somebody put a piece of bacon under your nose, the bacon would be the stimulus and the sensory experience would be you "smelling" the bacon.
3. Difference Threshold is the minimum change in sensation necessary for a person to detect it. So the absolute threshold is that it focuses on changes in sensations not the minimum sensation needed for detection. So for example a change in volume in certain frequencies would be crossing the absolute threshold, how much that change would need to be for someone to detect it would be dealing with the difference threshold.
4. Motivation can be defined as the driving force behind all the actions of an individual. The influence of an individual's needs and desires both have a strong impact on the direction of their behavior.
5. there are more than 4 psychological principles and they are control, identity, socialization and stimulation and they describe when the light bulb burns out in a room with three lamps then when a single light bulbs burns out in sports arena so stimulation can be over-done, causing shock or confusion.
o Too sudden or changes with too much contrast.
o Too bright or too many colors.
o Too many angles or changes in direction.