“Sluggers Come Home”
You will watch an on-line video called , “Sluggers Come Home”. The link to the video will be posted on Blackboard. After watching the video please write up your analysis answering the following questions.
Papers will be due on the next-to-last night of class.
Papers must answer each of the following questions.
1. Explain what the video was about.
The video is an informative/educative session that walks us through the DOs and DON’Ts of negotiation. Negotiation is an art that involves preparation, bargaining & settlement. Negotiation is all about striking a deal that benefits both the parties. One should be of the opinion that he/she needs to get the bigger portion of the pie and leave the other party in a loss situation. A deal will only last if both the parties are happy with the outcome. It is very critical that each party knows their advantages, strengths & weaknesses and that each party has done their homework before they begin the negotiation. Each party needs to research, ask the right questions and reach an optimal conclusion.
2. What positions did each party take during negotiations?
3. What were the underlying interests of each party?
4. Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the ball field owners’ BATNA(s)
5. Discuss the pro’s and con’s of the baseball team owner’s BATNA(s).
6. What were the ball field owners’ asking-target-reservation price?
7. What was the baseball team owner’s asking-target-reservation price?
8. What sorts of tactics/techniques did each party use to keep negotiations on track and avoid impasse?
9. What role did the members of each negotiating team play in helping their chief spokesperson to get the deal done?
10. What role did the mayor play in helping to close the deal? What does this suggest regarding the value of using an outside, neutral third...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document