Speech #1- Informative
General Purpose: To inform
Specific Purpose: To inform the Public Speaking 205 class about the many different ways they can use vinegar to clean their homes, promote their health, and enhance their beauty. Thesis Statement: Vinegar is a cheap, effective alternative to cleaning your home, promoting your health and enhancing your beauty.
Ladies and Gentleman, what if I told you that vinegar has been used to clean homes, promote health, and enhance beauty for over 10,000 years. In addition, what if I told you that vinegar only costs about $1.29 and is used in one out of every three homes across America, but most people think it only serves one purpose. Well I’m about to prove to you just how powerful this stuff really is.
I. According to the book “Health, Home, Beauty, and Beyond”, vinegar can clean almost anything inside and outside of your home.
A. It is very effective when it comes to removing stains.
1. Vinegar can remove stains from carpet for example pet and food stains.
2. It can be used in the dishwasher to cleanse the dishes better and to remove hard water spots.
3. It can be used as a laundry aid to remove stains, brighten clothes, and keep from fading, and to rinse clothes cleaner and more thoroughly. The smell does not stay in the clothes.
4. It removes soap scum from showers, tiles, and faucets
5. It cleans floors, countertops, cabinets, walls, and other hard surfaces.
B. Vinegar is also used as a disinfectant.
1. Vinegar is used to disinfect trashcans, bathrooms, kitchens, pet areas, door knobs and countertops. Example Windex
2. Using vinegar to clean your windows, glasses and mirrors will leave them free of streaks and full of shine.
3. You can do all of your cleaning by mixing one half cup of vinegar per one half cup of water, or by using the vinegar...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document