In order to maintain investor confidence, you need to explain certain things about stock market dynamics to them.
Facts about Stock Market Volatility:
1) Most stock markets swing from high to low. Most of these movements are predictable.
2) When the stock markets become volatile across many sectors, it is called a "correction." A correction need not mean losses, in fact, a good investment manager can ride these correction crests to emerge a winner in the market.
3) The buyers want to make profits during volatility phase.
4) If the market is uniformly on a downward path, then there is no reason to worry.
5) Sudden corrections are much better than slow degeneration in value of the shares.
6) Sound investment strategies can help a good investment manager tide over any volatility.
Investing in Volatile Markets;
Investors panic when the market shows signs of volatility. However, if your investment strategies are sound, there is nothing to fear. Here are some things you need to keep in mind when investing in a volatile market.
1) Long Term Investing
When you invest in the market, keep the future in mind. This means that speculators are going to suffer when the market crashes.
2) Don't Try to Forecast the Market
Market volatility is not of much concern if you have been a prudent investor. If you have calculated a margin of safety before investment, then there is no need for you to try to forecast market forces during a period of volatility.
3) PE Value Is Not As Important As You Think
While investing, know the value of the share you intend to buy. The PE ratio is not the only factor you should consider while buying shares. Factors like debt equity, interest coverage, and expertise of the investment manager are important...