Services Marketing (OAM 105)
Hint for your Comprehensive Exam Viva
a) Review each of the different ways in which services can be classified. How would explain the usefulness of each frameworks to managers?
a) People processing (Example : eye care, beauty saloon, dentist, spa, tourism, transportation)
b) Possession processing,(post office /currier, laundry, ATM, home delivery of different services )
c) Mental stimulus processing (education , news , entertainment , video games)
d) Information processing services (financial services, accounting , law, MR, Advertising)
In people processing,
• Customers must physically enter the service system in the service factory (the physical location) to receive the service and benefits.
• They are “worked upon” by service providers and must be prepared to cooperate actively with the service operation.
• For example, during an eye exam, the optometrist will ask you to submit to a number of tests to check the acuity of your vision and report what you see on the chart or other display.
• Managers should be thinking about process and output from the standpoint of what happens to the customer. They need to identify the benefits created at each point in the process and the non-financial costs incurred to customers such as time, fear and pain.
• This means that managers must be aware of the effects of the physical environment, and the effects front-line employees have on customers. They also need to educate customers to participate effectively and efficiently in co-producing the service.
• In possession processing, the activities involved do not involve simultaneous production and consumption. This means that they are separable. For example, customers may drop off an item at the post office, request a service like hedge trimming, and return later to pay the bill as they do not have to be physically present during the production....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document