Selection is a key component in the acquisition of human resources. Without a reliable and effective selection mechanism, a business can never flourish, especially in the present world of market economy, which is fiercely competitive. Big multinational corporate houses try to recruit the best people in order to continue their dominance in the market. In such circumstances, local firms should also be concerned and put their best to select best available persons
Training is another component of human resource management, which needs special attention. Selecting the potential candidates will not serve the purpose until they are grouped up appropriately to meet the requirements of the job .At present many sophisticated techniques are Selection & Training available for providing training to employees. But unfortunately, in Bangladesh, traditional techniques, whose affectivity is relatively lower, are mostly used .There are ample scopes in most of the local organization to enhance the performance level of employees by adequate and effective training programs.
It is my pleasure to acknowledge the effort of the report of “Selection and Training process in PRAN Group” and lecturer’s, students and other personnel for supporting such a nice program, from which I have earned a wonderful experience.
I would like to thank my honorable advisor and course coordinator Ms. Farzana Elahi Asian University of Bangladesh , for providing proper guidance and help to complete the research project.
I would also like to acknowledge the following personnel and classmates for helping me to make report in several ways.
•Iqbal Hossain (Manager, HRD PRAN Group)
•Mamunur Rashid (GM, PRAN Group)
1. OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY:
• To study the selection process and selection devices used in PRAN group. • To study the training programs and methods used in PRAN Group. • To evaluate the selection process and training programs of PRAN Group. • To coordinate the theories of selection and training in a real life • Situation.
• To coordinate the scope of improvement in the selection and training of PRAN Group.
• Reviewing the theory of selection and Recruitment
• Selection of the organization to be studied.
• Determining the variables required.
• Developing a questionnaire on the basis of required information. • Interviewing the personnel orally and with the questionnaire. • Studying the supplied materials by the organization.
• Analyzing the collected materials and information.
• Correlating the analyzed information with theory.
• Assessing the overall selection and training procedures in PRAN Group.
3 Limitations of the study
• It was often difficult to correlate theory with practice as the selection and training processes of PRAN Group, which is not very well defined and systematic.
• Due to secrecy of business strategy, the authority of PRAN GROUP did not disclose much in-depth information regarding organization.
• Corporate executives usually remain very busy. It is difficult to get adequate time from them. More importantly, sometimes they expressed once, which was embarrassing for the authors.
1 History of PRAN
PRAN is the brand name of Agricultural Marketing Co. Ltd. (AMCL). It was launched in 1983 as an agricultural business. The company was established to serve diverse purposes like serving small farmers with inputs, marketing farm...