SCOPE OF WORK
Green Guide for Roads
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Advisors: Rajib Mallick and Fred Hart
Table of Contents
Scope of Work
MR Credit 3: Recycled Content
MR Credit 4: Long Life Pavements
Life Cycle Analysis:
Construction Activity Pollution Prevention:
MR Credit 2: Construction Waste Management
CI Credit 3 Visual Elements
CI Credit 2 Light Pollution
MFA Credit 3: Bicycle Lanes/Paths
MFA Credit 4: Bicycle Parking
MFA Credit 5: Bicycle Facility Design
Energy & Atmosphere
Credit 1: Infrastructure Energy Efficiency
Credit 2: Volatile Organic Compounds
Credit 3: Local Materials
This document is the scope of work for our ADC project, developing a green guide for Drilling Rigs. With the world’s climate, global and community changes, it is apparent that there needs to be a more sustainable and environmentally friendly solution for all Operations. In Saudi Arabia, as well as other parts of the world there are already documents and practices currently in place for sustainability in the Oil and Gas fields.
This project will be spanning a 3 month period, where further development and understanding of the topic of sustainability, as well as further development of the green guide for Drilling Rigs. The project will produce developed sections from the current guide that will help the further research and development of the document.
1. Main goal for this project will be to further develop and improve the operations by segregating waste at the source.
2. In addition to the development of the “Green Guide”, design and literary research information will also be produced upon completion of this project.
3. A formal presentation will be prepared and provided to ADC, as well as the Oil and Gas companies interested in the project. The presentation for ADC will outline the project results and recommendations for the “Green Guide for Drilling Rigs.” Presentation will encompass the project results and recommendations.
1. Conduct literature review
a. Case Studies
b. Thesis inquiries
c. Internet resources
d. Journals, articles, and other publications
e. Interviews with industry leaders
2. Comparison to other road and transportation sustainable rating guides
b. WA State
3. Assess current practices
a. Province and national level
i. Transportation Association of Canada
ii. Moving On Sustainable Transportation (MOST)
b. International (US and Europe)
c. Use of sustainable design
i. i.e. recycled asphalt pavement
4. Determine feasibility of credit intents
a. Choose specific credits
b. Analyze credit attainability
c. Ensure credits exceed standard practices
5. Project deliverables
a. Project proposal
b. Weekly progress reports
c. Final credit recommendations
d. Stantec final presentation
e. WPI report/capstone design
f. WPI final presentation
Scope of Work
General Weekly Plan:
Monday: Organize for the week. Set up potential interviews, writing, research etc etc.
Tuesday/Wednesday: Conduct interviews, review sources, gather information.
Thursday: Collaboration of work, finalization of undone tasks. Begin preparation for weekly report
Friday: Prepare for conference call and conduct weekly progress report.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document