? Should the “Black Diamonds” be targeted, and if so, How
• Yes the black diamonds should be targeted for the Harley Davidson motorbikes. As it is a growing trend within south African Blacks, that like speed.
• 52 out of a total of 2540 H.O.G members are Blacks
• With three female riders living in the Johannesburg area and it’s surroundings.
• Aubrey Mkhabela a black member of the H.O.G has a four years membership.
• The “Black Diamonds” are worth about R180 Billion and make up 28% of the south African spending power.
• Harley Davidson Johannesburg Dealership sponsored the Black Motorcycle club in the Soweto Area known as The Eagles.
• Mamelodi has a Black H.O.G club called Rolling Thunder ( with 11 Members) who are heavily involved with community Projects.
• S.A. black middle class is very complex to understand as they live in two worlds being the modern life style and the traditional one.
• Black Diamonds Identity the one the is most complex and needs reconstruction.
• The 52 Black Members of the H.O.G must do the marketing of the brand within communities, having tours, parties and so forth.
• Riding around black communities on bi-weekly, attending social gatherings in the communities.
• Business Man Like Aubrey Mkhabela need to invite other business man to rallies and H.O.G social gatherings.
• Targeting the “Black Diamonds” at malls, shopping centres and clubs as that’s were most time is spent by them.
• Harley Davidson sponsoring more community projects like the Mmamelodi club is doing.
• Harley Davidson doing studies of understanding Black traditions and make it mixed with the Harley culture.
• Targeting “Black Diamonds” at Work places, to Influence the constructions of the lives of the complex “Black Diamonds” to living and loving Harley Davidson Motorbikes.