Application ReadMe for Windows® and Macintosh Editions
This document includes supplementary or last minute information not covered in Adobe® PageMaker® 7.0 documentation or online help. It contains tips, known issues, and limitations you need to know to successfully use PageMaker 7.0 software and to exercise new functionality.
For help installing PageMaker 7.0, review the How_to_Install.wri (Windows) and How_to_Install.txt (Macintosh) documents available on the PageMaker 7.0 application CD-ROM. For information on filters, converters, and cross-platform issues, refer to the related ReadMe files on your PageMaker 7.0 application CD-ROM and in the PageMaker 7.0 folder on your hard drive after installation.
The following documents are installed with PageMaker 7.0 in a folder called “TechInfo,” which can be found in the “PageMaker 7.0” folder: • Filters.pdf – includes information regarding graphic and text file import functionality. • Pantone_Readme.pdf – includes information regarding the new Pantone( color libraries available with PageMaker 7.0. • ScriptGuide.pdf – a guide for using the PageMaker script language.
The ReadMe files for the PageMaker 7.0 converter utility for Microsoft Publisher (Windows only) and QuarkXPress (Macintosh and Windows) are also available on your hard drive after installation.
For Windows users:
• :\Program Files\Adobe\PageMaker 7.0\Converter for MSP_QXP\Converter for MSP_QXP.pdf
For Macintosh users:
• Converter for QXP.pdf can be found in the “Converter for QXP” folder in the “PageMaker 7.0” folder.
1. DATA MERGE TIPS AND ISSUES
• Pre-Merge Checklist
• Creating a Publication for Merging
• During Merge
2. PRE-PRESS TIPS AND ISSUES
3. PRINTING TIPS AND ISSUES
• Handling Spot Color from a Placed File
• ICC Version 3 Color Profiles
• PostScript( 3( Images
• Agfa Apogee PDF RIP
4. PAGEMAKER 7.0 TIPS AND ISSUES
• Rebooting after Install