Student Web Scavenger Hunt
Log on to the University of Phoenix eCampus web page located at: https://ecampus.phoenix.edu/portal/portal/public/login.aspx. Explore the resources available on the site and use them to answer the following questions.
Which three reviewing services are available to students through the Center for Writing Excellence?
* Three reviewing services available to the student are the WritePoint checker, the Tutor Review, and the Plagiarism Checker.
Which resource in the Tutorials & Guides section of the Center for Writing Excellence offers tips about how to format a paper?
There is a section that is titled APA information and under that section is an APA Format and Style Checklist. This section offers tips on how to format a paper.
What are the University of Phoenix’s suggested resources for academic writing formatting and grammar guides? (Hint: This information is located in the Center for Writing Excellence)
* The suggested resource for academic writing formatting is The Publication Manual of American Psychological Association (APA).
* The suggested resource for grammar style and usage is The Gregg Reference Manual.
1. What are the three major article databases found in the University Library?
Three major databases found in the University Library are Proquest, EBSCO, and Gale Power search.
Name three specialized article databases in the University Library.
* Three specialized article databases in the University Library are: Opposing Viewpoints, Resource Center, Psych Articles, and Emerald.
What link would you click to ask a question of the University of Phoenix Librarian?
In the University of Phoenix Library under student services to the right of the page there is an “Ask a Librarian” link.
1. From your student Web site, how do you access your reading assignments for... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 11). Scavenger Hunt. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Scavenger-Hunt-478444.html
"Scavenger Hunt" StudyMode.com. 11 2010. 11 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Scavenger-Hunt-478444.html>.
"Scavenger Hunt." StudyMode.com. 11, 2010. Accessed 11, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Scavenger-Hunt-478444.html.