1. Describe the duties and responsibilities of own work role:
As a childminder I will be registered and inspected with Ofsted to ensure that I am able to demonstrate the quality and standards of care required by Ofsted and the Early Years Foundation Stage. My duty is to ensure that I provide high quality childcare, within a positive, safe, warm and happy environment where children feel welcome and comfortable. I am also to plan program’s and prepare play based activities for the children, to enable them to learn and develop at their own pace with supervision as appropriate. . My duties also entail completion of relevant paperwork. All of the above is to enable and ensure that parents are able to have peace of mind and to leave their children knowing that their well-being is paramount. Below is a list of my duties continued:
• Prepare and provide healthy balanced meals for children and be aware of their individual dietary requirements.
• Take the children that are in my full time care to childminding and playgroups.
• Provide breakfast and dinner for, take to school and collect from school all children that are in full-time education
• To maintain discipline of all children (whether in my care part-time or full-time), and encourage positive behavior
• Promote and maintain a high level of professionalism when carrying out my work
• To implement and update policies and procedures in line with ofsted guidance
• To ensure a safe environment for the children
• Carry out risk assessments on my home, and also of any places that we regularly visit. Review on a regular basis
• Be aware of the signs and symptoms of potential abuse and be aware of the current procedure in reporting it.
• Build and maintain good relations with people involved with the children’s learning/lives. School/nursery teachers, parents
• make sure all equipment is safe and fit for purpose, as well as age appropriate
• keep relevant records/paperwork in a confidential and safe place
• when communicating with parents and children, respect other’s confidentiality
• all accident’s are recorded and reported where necessary
• Ensure good hygiene standards are met
• Regularly replenish first aid box
• Regularly attend training and update qualifications, certificates at appropriate i.e First Aid
• Ensure all paperwork in completed in a timely manner as directed by Ofsted
• Provide regular feedback to parents and children and also allow them to do the same in the form of questionnaire’s, daily discussions, daily reports etc
2. Explain expectations about my own work role as expressed in relevant standards
Expectations of me within my work role are to provide a warm, caring, fun and friendly environment for the children to come to, to provide them with the ability to learn and develop at their own pace and to guide them were appropriate.
To be reliable and make sure that their safety is paramount not just within my setting but at all times when they are in my care, also in their everyday life’s, for example if I suspect any form of abuse to act upon my suspicions in the appropriate way by following my policies and procedures.
As well as this I must be registered with Ofsted and meet the requirements set out by them which include having an enhanced CRB check, having a valid Pediatric First Aid certificate, to have attended and completed the Barnet Council Childminding Course. I am also expected to meet the standards of the EYFS (early years foundation stage) as part of this I am required to keep detailed records of the children and parents personal details including emergency contacts, any special needs or requirements, accidents, attendance, risk assessments, observation of the children to track their...