The Sarbanes-Oxley Act is arranged into eleven titles. However, six major points will be discussed in this paper.
1. Section 302--Corporate Responsibility for Financial Reports: this section requires that the principal executive officer, or the principal financial officer, or person performing similar functions, certify in each annual or quarterly report filed or submitted that:
• The signing officer has reviewed the report
• The report does not contain any material untrue statements or material omission or be considered misleading
• The financial statements and related information fairly present the financial condition and the results in all material respects
• The signing officers are responsible for internal controls and have evaluated these internal controls within the previous ninety days and have reported on their findings a list of all deficiencies in the internal controls and information on any fraud that involves employees who are involved with internal activities
• Any significant changes in internal controls or related factors that could have a negative impact on the internal controls
In this section, executive and financial... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2008, 11). Sarbanes Oxley Act. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2008, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Sarbanes-Oxley-Act-177208.html
"Sarbanes Oxley Act" StudyMode.com. 11 2008. 11 2008 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Sarbanes-Oxley-Act-177208.html>.
"Sarbanes Oxley Act." StudyMode.com. 11, 2008. Accessed 11, 2008. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Sarbanes-Oxley-Act-177208.html.