A Project Proposal
The Faculty of the College of Computer Studies
UNIVERSITY OF PERPETUAL HELP SYSTEM DALTA
In Partial Fulfillment
Of the requirements for the Subject of
Agpaoa, Precious Charisse Roxanne A.
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY:
OVERVIEW OF THE CURRENT STATE OF TECHNOLOGY
The Baranggay clearance and cedula are important documents issued by the government that are commonly used for employment, business, or travel purposes. Both are primary forms of identification. Information System has become the most commonly used source of information now a days. It is a great help to developed and improved information through improvement of Barangay services. The proponent proposed an online Barangay information system that will help the Barangay as well as the workers and the people of the place. The proposed system will reduced the hard and long time procedure of releasing Barangay clearance and cedula. It will also help the busy residence who doesn’t have enough time to visit Barangay hall by using online appointment.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM:
How to design, develop and implement an Online Barangay Canlubang Information System with appointment for Barangay clearance and cedula services?
1. How to develop and integrate a system that will collect and store all the Barangay records that is needed? 2. How to create a system that will bring effortless in barangay officials in issuing barangay clearance and cedula? 3. How to produce a website with appointment or scheduling for the residents who doesn’t have enough time to visit Barangay Hall to process their clearance or cedulla? 4. How to generate a system that will maintain and update the records?
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT:
The study aimed to develop an online information system with services for barangay clearance and cedula, It also includes the appointment services for those residence who doesn’t have enough time to visit the barangay hall for their applications. It designed to develop the SDLC methodology with PHP as scripting language and XAMMP as database platform.
1. To gather data and analyze system requirements using different fact-finding techniques which are interviews, document analyses and actual observation of the existing systems.
2. To develop a system that will reduce consumption of time in processing and releasing of Barangay Clearace and cedula.
3. To develop and create the proposed system using PHP as a programming language with Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 as IDE and XAMMP as an open source database management system, with other software tools like Internet Explorer as web browser, Adobe Photoshop as image editing tool to enhance the proposed system
4. To develop system that user friendly.
Paradigm of the Need to Develop the System
Figure 1 represents the Paradigm of the Conceptual Framework of the Information Technology Project. Currently, the residents go to the Barangay office to process their cedula and Barangay clearance. They are required to have their Cedula and Certificate of Residency (COR) before manually filling up a form given by the Barangay Secretary. It includes your personal information, and a 1x1 picture attached on it .After filling up, the applicant will submit it to the Barangay administration. If the applicant has no any bad record in the barangay then the administrator will approve their Barangay clearance. Lastly the applicant will pay P26.50 for cedula and only donation for Barangay clearance.
Once the system has been developed, the residents can go online for their reservation of time and date for cedula and Barangay clearance services, instead of doing the old walk-in system. They need first to register and then they are going to fill up the...