• Solicited letter
• Blind Advertisement
Attention (Opening Paragraph)
Points to consider in writing application letter
• Open the letter by capturing the reader’s attention in a businesslike way. • State that you are applying for a job and identify the position of the type of work you seek.
• I understand that a continuing writer in your station must be interested in and knowledgeable about different types of music. She must be an achiever and eager to advance professionally. On top of these, she must have the ability to write. I possess these qualifications and should like to be considered for the job
• Dr. Jose P. Cruz, a professor from Lyceum, has informed me of an opening in your company for an accounting major who is interested in managerial accounting. I would like to be considered for the opening in your company
• Your advertisement in the June 21 issue of the Manila Bulletin attracted my attention because I believe that I have the qualifications to meet your requirements for the position.
News Item Opening
• In the last month’s issue of the women’s journal, I read an article about your intention to open a Baguio City branch office that will be needing two accountants. Please consider me as an applicant for this position.
• Do you need a secretary who can speak Spanish, French, Japanese, and English fluently and who has experienced working for a prestigious firm in New York? If you do, I should like to be considered for this position.
Interest, Desire, or Evidence of Qualifications (Next several paragraphs)
A. Present your key qualifications for the job, highlighting what’s in your resume’: job-related education and training, relevant work experience, related activities, interests, and qualities.
B. Adopt a mature...