1.1 RATIONALE OF THE STUDY
Inventory systems are tracking systems that inform the amount of raw materials, supplies or final products have readily available. Updated each time you sell an item or use raw materials to create and to know what you available for the following day or week. This type of system allows ordering products in advance, so you have everything you need at all times.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
* How can the proposed system monitor the sales inventory of the transaction * How can the proposed system provide an accurate sales computation * How can the proposed system make a better sales record for each order transaction
1.3 SYSTEM OBJECTIVES
* To develop a Sale and Inventory System for Graph Image Paint Center that will give solutions to the problems encountered in their manual business processes. * To avoid excess inventory and stock outs by using the sales inventory system * To produce appropriate reports of the sales
1.4 SYSTEM SCOPE AND LIMITATION
* records the customers’ order transactions
* generate the customers’ order transaction report.
* view the previous sales record
* can add, edit, search or delete orders to be delivered * print a receipt
* can view inventory record in daily basis
* determines the lead point of reorder
* limited in cash-based payment
* doesn’t accept a credit card payment
* cannot perform the crediting of the custom
II. Company Background
Graph Image Paint Center is located at Salcedo Rosario, Cavite that sells different kinds of paint and painting materials. The store is owned by Mr. Gary Palima and Armie Palima. The business operates every Mondays to Saturdays from 8am to 5pm. The company is doing their annual inventory manually.
2.1 Organizational Chart
2.4 ORGANIZATIONAL FUNCTIONS
* updates the records of the products
* responsible for the entire paint products and other painting materials retailing and wholesaling business * in charge of annual inventory
* responsible for the monetary transactions
* updates the transaction records
* in charge of receiving phone call orders from the customer 3. Sales Man
* in charge of delivering the products to the customers
* receives payment from the customers where the products were delivered 2.3 SUPPLIERS
* Davies Paints Philippines Inc.
1887 Mercedes Ave., San Miguel Pasig City
* Asian Coatings Philippines Inc.
48 Amang Ave., Santolan Pasig City
* Super Globe Inc.
08 Luis Street, Barangay San Miguel, Pasig City
III. CURRENT SYSTEM DOCUMENTATION
3.1 USER OVERVIEW OF THE EXISTING SYSTEM
The existing system of Graph Image Paint Center is a manual sales and inventory transaction process. The process has its simple listing of transactions and issuing of receipts. Everything is manually operated. Their inventory is being checked every end of accounting period or in a Periodic basis. However, the system cannot easily search for a particular product if they wish to see the quantity available. Sales report is unsecured and not presentably recorded. All their products are just listed in and compiled in a clear book. If the records are lost, there is no backup storage that will recover their transactions.
3.2 EXISTING FLOW PROCESS DIAGRAM
Sell the Product?
Prepare the Product
Payment from customer
Copy Information to Record Book
All Payments Recorded?
End of the Day?
Daily Sales Report
Compute for Daily Total Sales
End of the Week?
Weekly Sales Report
Compute for Weekly Total Sales
End of the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document