Examination Paper: Sales Management
IIBM Institute of Business Management 1
IIBM Institute of Business Management
Examination Paper MM.100
Sales and Distribution Management
Section A: Objective Type (30 marks)
This section consists of Multiple Choice questions & short notes type questions. Answer all the questions.
Part one questions carry 1 mark each & Part Two questions carry 5 marks each.
1. Out of the following which gap arise when the sales force does not have the required knowledge, skills or capabilities to become successful on the Job.
a. Knowledge gap
b. Capability gap
c. Methods gap
d. Training gap
2. This method is used by the trainers to present more information in a short time to a large number of participants.
c. Group discussion
d. None of the above
3. It improves on traditional computer based training by making the information available to the salesperson immediately and in a personalized manner.
a. Distance Learning
b. Interactive Multimedia Training
d. Electronic Performance Support System
4. These are preprogrammed computer packages, and are based on reality: a. Role Playing
b. Case Studies
c. Simulation Games
d. Job Rotation
5. The responsibility which include dealing with stakeholders with fairness impartiality and equality is known as:
a. Ethical Responsibilities
b. Legal Responsibilities
c. Economic Responsibilities
d. Voluntary Responsibilities
6. They are the shopkeepers who set up shops in the market place to cater to the needs of hundreds of consumers.
7. This strategy is to make sure that the product is made available in as many outlets as possible so that anywhere the consumer go, he or she should be able to get the product of his choice. a. Exclusive Distribution
b. Selective Distribution
c. Intensive Distribution
d. Distribution Channel
8. This is the stage of the birth of multiple retail formats to please the customer. a. Stage of Infancy (Child hood)
b. Meeting Customer Expectations (Youth)
c. Shift in the power equation (Adulthood)
d. Consolidation (Maturity)
9. It is the identity that the store develops for itself in terms of what it has to offer the customers. a. Positioning Strategy
b. Product Differentiation Strategy
c. Operational Strategy
10. It is the most convenient size of the product that the customer can buy at a time. a. Lot Size
b. Waiting Time
c. Choice to the consumer
d. Place Utility
1. What is Channel Conflict?
2. What is an Information System? What is the purpose of Information Systems?
3. State the different categories of Inventory.
4. What is Electronic Data Interchange?
END OF SECTION A
Section B: Caselets (40 Marks)
This section consists of Caselets.
Answer all the questions.
Each Caselet carries 20 marks.
Detailed information should form the part of your answer (Word limit 150 to 200 words).
Swish flow Ltd. - Hiring Salespeople
“Why two out of five salesperson have resigned within six months of joining the company/” asked marketing director to the sales manager, Sunil Kumar of Swish flow Ltd. “I think, there is something wrong with our staffing process, “responded Sunil Kumar, without knowing the real reasons for the turnover of salespeople.
Swish flow Ltd started manufacturing and marketing consumer durables like fans and water purifiers for household consumer’s commercial firms in 1993. The sales and marketing office was located in Mumbai, the commercial capital of India. Swish flow was a newly established company and for its first year of operations, the company decided to recruit five salesperson to cover major metros and cities of Maharashtra. The staffing process included the sales manager deciding the job qualifications salespersons based on what he learnt in the MBA programme. The...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document