Marine Corps University
2nd Platoon 14 September 2004
1. Gain Attention: My first field operation here was an experience that I will never forget. We deployed to Thailand for Cobra Gold '03, I had been with artillery for four years, and I did not know what to expect. Hearing the stories about Thailand, getting a lot of liberty, and doing some shopping. Until an Army unit was attached with us, never working with a combined task force I did not know what to expect out of them. In the first week of installation we found out that these wire dogs were lazy and their tagging system was not user friendly. Working around the clock was not a fun part of the experience, trying to fix what these soldiers had easily messed up. Taking the time to do the job right the first time with tagging and inserting the correct lines in the J-boxes would had made the time in Thailand an enjoyable one.
2. Overview: The purpose of this period of instruction is to provide you information on the lengths of cables, how to clean cable, and how to identify and properly tag a distribution box.
3. Introduce Learning Objectives:
a. Terminal Learning Objective. Provided field wire cable, reeling machine, RL-31/RL-27, tags, tape, tools, unit SOP, and a Comm Plan, perform surface installation of field cable/wire without the aid of and in accordance with the references. (2512.2.18)
b. Enabling Learning Objective.
(1) Without the aid of and in accordance with the references, select from a list,
the lengths of field cable. (2512.2.21a)
(2) Without the aid of and in...