Hotel Rwanda Video Questions: Please answer in COMPLETE SENTENCES ON A SEPARATE SHEET OF PAPER!!!
1) When the film opens what is the feeling between Hutu and Tutsi? Who is in the majority? What is the justification for hatred?
2) In the film you see a change in value system from money to items. Why do you think that is? Give an example when money is more valuable than items. Give an example of when items are more valuable than money.
3) Do you believe Paul is supporting the Tutsi genocide by buying products from one of the men of the Interhamway militia? Why or why not? Support your answer with facts from the movie
4) In the beginning of the film Paul makes a statement that “family is all that matters.” Explain how he evolves from thinking only of his family to saving more than 1200 people. What causes this change to occur?
5) Explain the Press man’s comment to Paul about people watching the genocide on TV. What do you think needs to happen to get people to change and get involved in events like Rwanda? Do you think people would stand by and watch today why or why not?
6) Is there a difference between act of genocide and just plain genocide? Explain your answer. Why is the international community so careful not to call this a genocide at first?
7) At the end of the film Paul locks the doors to the Hotel Michelin. Why do you think he does this? What do you think it symbolizes?
8) This film does a great job at showing the best and worst of human kind. Reflect on your own life. Give an example of a time you took a stand for something and are proud of yourself still today. Give an example of when you watched something happen you knew was wrong or maybe even participated and are ashamed still today.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document