Rules, regulation and scoring systems for one individual sport
ADDING UP THE POINTS
• The winner of a match is the one who wins the first THREE or FOUR games (according to the competition) • A game consists of 11 points
• There must be a gap of at least two points between opponents • If the score is 10-10, the game goes in to extra play until one of the players has gained a lead of 2 points • The point goes to the player who successfully ends a rally • The score of the server is always announced first
A player scores a point when his opponent commits one of the following errors: • He isn't able to return the ball.
• He returns the ball outside the opposite side of the table. • He lets the ball bounce more than once in his own court before returning it. • He touches the ball several times successively.
• He strikes the ball in volley (without it bouncing on the table) above his side of the table. • He moves the table during play.
• He touches the net or a post.
• His free hand touches the table.
• He makes a bad service (see service)
RULES OF THE GAME:
• If the ball touches the table surface, it is declared in • If it touches the side of the table, it is declared out • A player is not allowed to strike the ball in volley, unless the opponent's ball leaves the table and I strike the ball in volley behind the table, in which case the point would be given to me.
The initial order of serving is decided by lot. Service changes every 2 points, except during periods of extra play where it changes each time. Service must adhere to the following rules : • The ball rests freely on the open palm of the hand.
• The hand holding the ball must be above the level of the table. • The ball should be projected upwards (at least 16 cm) • The ball should be struck when it is falling and behind the table. • The ball should...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document