Key purpose of the role (describes why does the role exist): To ensure that the products are envisioned, designed and spec’d based on market/technology trends and/or requirements.
➢ Functionally (practice based structure): Program Manager - Design
➢ Administratively (project based structure): Program Manager - Design
Roles reporting (to the position):
➢ Functionally (practice based structure): Team Lead - Design
➢ Administratively (project based structure): None
Key Responsibilities (not more than 5-7 items. These are critical make or break areas, which define the scope of work):
1. Suggest new products based on technology trends.
2. Undertake technical and product marketing requirement management with client
3. Understand customer requirements/profile from Market Requirements Document
4. Create Product Specifications/Outline and Design based on defined requirements
5. Work with the client for solutioning on requirements
6. Create specifications on product testing and acceptance criteria
7. Communicate regularly with project team for meeting product goals
8. Coordinate with external teams (other product and application vendors) for project resources like beta software, software licenses etc.
9. Maximizes returns for the organization by recommending alternate products and reuse of products to meet client requirements.
10. Identify appropriate SMEs (interviewing) for content
11. Adherence and compliance to processes and standards
Additional responsibilities (not more than 2 items):
1. Interface with Internal SMEs and devise new methodologies on technology delivery on various platforms
Educational Qualification: Graduate/Post Graduate in Computer Science (B.Sc/BE/B.Tech)/ Graduate/Post Graduate in IT.
Years & Nature of Experience: 7+ years in curriculum design, planning and training content creation and content... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 04). Role of Pm. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Role-Of-Pm-972075.html
"Role of Pm" StudyMode.com. 04 2012. 04 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Role-Of-Pm-972075.html>.
"Role of Pm." StudyMode.com. 04, 2012. Accessed 04, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Role-Of-Pm-972075.html.