* SUNEETHA MUSAH 1630210
* TELVIN TAIWO OMOLUMO 1820210
* SOLOMON AKOTO2000210
* VOILET BANNERMAN QUAYE 1310210
* SUPERVISOR : Mr Benjamin Zogbator
RICHARD E.K. AMENYOGBELI 1150210
* DEFINITION OF MEDIA.
* PURPOSE / ROLE OF THE MEDIA IN TO DAY’S SOCIETY
* Media is defined as the communication channels through which entertainment, education, data or proportional messages are designated to the general public. E.g. Television, Radio, Internet, Billboards, Newspapers
* Some years back, the media used to be the gong-gong beater and the “dawuro” of the akansand other ethnic groups. but in today’s society, there are so many things that represent the media. these are, the radio, television, internet, newspapers and others. ROLES OF MEDIA
* ENTERTAINMENT -; The media entertains, unifies and brings harmony into the society. Helps ease stress and remove emotional blunders like sorrow etc. * EDUCATES -; The media has become an important tool for education society. It provides an individual with learning materials and current affairs issues. The internet is a very good example * INFORMS -; Media informs about important news. It conveys relevant truth and information to the common man. * CONNECTS -; It connects us to the world around us through various means such as the Internet ; Facebook, YouTube etc. POLITICAL IMPORTANCE
* Helps promote healthy democracy
* Helps check corruption
* Helps put societal and governmental malpractices in check. * Serves as a global and national conflict realization and resolution tool. IMPORTANCE OF MEDIA TO BUSINESS
* Provides a comfortable and less costly platform for advertisement, promotions, marketing, publishing ad’s and sales of products to a huge audience. E.g. EBay, Google Marketplace, T.V commercials etc. * Updates on national as well as international...