1. Whether to institute the fixed transit tax (and shift to a new business purpose).
2.If no transit tax is imposed our profit squeeze of falling revenues and increased costs must be addressed.
3. How to avoid detection (Given the growing size of the encampment) and ensure the security of the organisation, e.g "New recruit" or "Prince Johns Spy"
4. Whether to accept the offer of several barons to join in a move to secure King Richards release
5. What to do about the growing size of the sheriff's forces
Question 2 : Mission Statement
Mintzberg defines a mission as follows:
"A mission describes the organisation's basic function in society, in terms of the products and services it produces for its customers".
To satisfy needs of its members, to give to the poor and to ultimately over throw the Sheriff.
Strategy and Scope:
Wider geographical scope in the forest is greatly needed as there are fewer "customers to rob".
Their mission statement is to "rob from the rich and give to the poor".
Standards and behaviours:
This is statement is working to their advantage as the townspeople are their most "important allies".
Values and Culture:
The band members have a large amount of loyalty and commitment to the cause.
This is evident as the lieutenants do not want to change the motto.
There seems to be a strong sense of mission in the band and this creates a good environment and common purpose.
N.B. Do all new recruits share same values?
1.Mission Statement : - Our mission is to rob from the rich and give to the poor in order to balance out the inequality suffered under Prince John. therefore our objective is to free and re-instate Richard the Lionheart has our King
1. Increase discipline :- In order for our band to be fully effective discipline must be at a max
2. Security and vigilance must be increased
3. Revenues must be increased