8. LUCIA JOSE MARIA CONCEPCION (died at 3)
9. JOSEFA SOLEDAD (unmarried) TRINIDAD (unmarried)
10. RIZAL’S ANCESTRYPATERNAL SIDE DOMINGO LAM – CO - great - great grandfather A Chinese immigrant from Chin chew “China’s City of Spring” He was married to INES DE LA ROSA1731- He adopt the name MERCADO meaning MARKETFRANCISCO MERCADO – Domingo Lam-Co’s son who married CIRILA BERNACNAJUAN MERCADO – Francisco’s son who married CIRILA ALEJANDROFRANCISCO MERCADO (Rizal’s Father) – son of Juan Mercado 11. RIZAL’S ANCESTRYMATERNAL SIDE LAKAN – DULA – descendant EUGENIO URSUA – great – great grandfather of Rizal He is married to BENIGNA and they have a daughter named REGINAREGINA – married to MANUEL DE QUINTOS and they have a daughter named BRIGIDABRIGIDA – married to LORENZO ALBERTO and they have their sons and daughters named NARCISA, TEODORA, GREGORIO, JOSE and MANUELRIZAL – “racial”; means “new pasture” and “green field” 12. PROOFS THAT RIZAL FAMILY BELONGS TO WELL TO DO FAMILY They have a large stone house They have a home library with 1000 volumes of books First to sent their children in Manila They own a carjuahe
2. CHAPTER II: CHILDHOOD DAYS IN CALAMBA
3. CALAMBA - the hero’s town1876– When Rizal was 15, he wrote a poem “Un RecuerdoA Mi Pueblo” (In Memory of My Town) EARLIEST CHILDHOOD MEMORIESAYA – nurse maid1865 – Concepcion died; this is the first sorrow of Jose 4. DEVOTED SON OF CHURCH 3yrs. old – he joined family prayers 5yrs. old – he knew haltingly, the Spanish family bible FATHER LEONCIO LOPEZ – the town priest, he was respected by Rizal 5. PILGRIMAGE TO ANTIPOLO JUNE 6, 1868 – Jose and his father went to Antipolo OUR LADY OF PEACE AND GOOD VOYAGE Our Lady of Antipolo THE STORY OF THE MOTH 6. 5yrs. old – Rizal made sketches USMAN – dog of RizalTO MY FELLOW CHILDREN (Sa AkingMgaKababata) – wrote by Rizal when he was 8 years old; His first poem written in native language Php 2.00 – for Rizal’s manuscript of his first drama bought by the gobernador cillo of Paete, Laguna 7. INFLUENCE ON HERO’S BOYHOOD Hereditary Influence Environmental Influence Aid of Divine Providence RIZAL’S UNCLES WHO HELP HIM A LOT IN HIS DEVELOPMENT GREGORIO – reading of books JOSE – artistic abilityMANUEL– develop his frail body CHAPTER III: SCHOOL DAYS IN BIÑAN
3. HERO’S FIRST TEACHER DOÑA TEODORA ALONZO REALONDA - Jose Rizal’s mother and her first non – formal teacher - At 3 years old he learned the alphabet and prayers 3...