A. 1. Project Title:Profitable Rice Organic Farming Innovative Technology for Agrarian Beneficiaries Livelihood Enhancement (PROFITABLE RICE FARMING)
2. Proponent Organization : Iraan Farmers Association
Sitio Communal MPC
Triple Ventures MPC
Rizal Farmers MPC
Aborlan Water Service Cooperative
3. Project Location:DAR-ADB ARCP Sites
1. Iraan Isaub ARC: Bgys. Iraan, Isaub, Plaridel,Aborlan;
2. Plaridel Jose Rizal ARC: Bgys. Plaridel and Jose Rizal, Aborlan; 3. Maasin Mambalot Calasaguen ARC: Bgys. Maasin, Mambalot and Calasaguen, Brookes Point.
4. Target direct beneficiaries : 15 Members of DAR assisted Cooperatives
5. Target ARBs /ARCs : Iraan Isaub ARC-5 farmer cooperators : Plaridel Jose Rizal ARC -5 farmer cooperators
: Maasin Mambalot Calasaguen ARC -5 farmer cooperators
6. Project Duration - December 2012 – March 2013
7. Project Type - Agricultural Productivity Devt.
* Amount requested from DAR: 53,250.00
* Counterpart (15 hectares)
Labor Cost: 300,000.00
* Total Project Cost – 473,850.oo
* Cost per Beneficiary – 15,795.00
B. Collaborating Organization
Provincial Agrarian Reform Office,DAR-ADB ARCP
Dynapharm International, Philippines
C. 1. PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The project involves the establishment of 15 Demonstration farms on rice farming utilizing Powergrow organic foliar fertilizer. About 15 farmer cooperators will participate in the project undertaking to cultivate about 1.0 hectare each. The said demo farms will showcase the technology as an alternative option to the common farming practice of the farmers.
2. PROJECT BACKGROUND
As per present scenario of rice farming in the province it does not provide reasonable income to farmers brought about by their low yield. This is primarily due their present farming practice using...