Rhetorical Technique

Topics: Poverty, Wealth, Distribution of wealth Pages: 1 (330 words) Published: March 1, 2013
Rising the social logic
No one can argue that America is the country of the human rights and freedom and many people around the world dream to live in this great place. However, big problem is going to reshape the American society if nobody tried to solve it. The dilemma is simply that the rich got richer and the poor got poorer as a result of inequality of money distribution among rich and poor people.America had created a marvelous economic machine, but evidently it worked only for that at the top. Both Joseph E. Stieglitz and Timothy Noahintroduce a very critical issue which affects the American society in these days, is the widening gap between the rich and poor people. Stieglitz claims that the American economic system is failing for most of Americans and the inequality is increasing to the extent that one day will be unaffordable. The rising gap is created by the one top percent who are taking advantage of making a huge wealth. They are driven by their greed to accumulate big fortune upon poor’s shoulders. Stieglitz came up with some evidence to support his claim. One of these is the new statistics fromCensus Bureau’s statistics that shows that the one top percent gain 20 % of the total American income. Therefore, Noah says that this inequality income creates and retains the capitalism system which forms a serious threat upon middle and lower class (Noah The Great par 3).

The top 1 percent may have the best houses, educations, and lifestyles, says the author, but “their fate is bound up with how the other 99 percent live.” On the other hand, some believes in capitalism and even try to spread its power. Robert Ringer supports the capitalism and justify its result of widening the gap between rich and poor as a result of efficient using of the natural forces that human already have. He shows that rich people deservetheir wealth because they are successfully working hard while
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Rhetorical Analysis Essay
  • Essay on Rhetorical Analysis of Ellen DeGeneres's Commencement Speech
  • Patrick Henry "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" Speech Rhetorical Analysis Essay
  • Nelson Mandela’s Use of Rhetorical Devices Speech Response Essay
  • Identifying Rhetorical Devices Research Paper
  • E.B. White Rhetorical Essay
  • Jfk Rhetorical Analysis Essay
  • Lord Chesterfield's Rhetorical Strategies Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free