The Negative Impact of Reproductive Health bill to the Filipinos The Philippines is facing again a very serious issue that affects moral values and its culture. This is really a very serious issue and could really change the life of every Filipino, Issue pertaining to Reproductive Health Bill.
Many Filipinos are very naive about this and most probably has no idea of what possible effects that could destroy our true Filipino morality with the concern of reproduction and sex. Religious groups and organizations opposed this bill, and so with the few concervative Filipinos, but for those whose minds were twisted by only on politics and business, they thought that to reduce poverty is through population control. Believing that the country's resources can now be segregated evenly to the country's population. Later in our discussion we will talk about the future effects of this bill.
Here is a very strong opposing statement to the Bill by one of the top politicians in the country, Francisco S. Tatad -
"THE REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH bill in the House of Representatives is being presented as a health bill and an antipoverty bill at the same time. It is neither. It is not what its authors say it is; it is everything they say it is not. It is an ideological attack on human life, the family, and our social and cultural values.
The bill rests on a flawed premise; it is unnecessary, unconstitutional, oppressive of religious belief and destructive of public morals and family values. Its enactment into law will only deepen the already frightening ignorance about the real issues. It should be rejected."
The religious sectors are not only the ones opposing the bill but some intellectuals who viewed the bill as an attack to the Filipino morals. But you may ask what is in the Bill that you may think is immoral?
Well if you are done reading it, now let us talk! If you are a kind person who consider religion and morality as just few "things" that colors the life, then for sure you did not value it much and you may be one of those western type of people that think science and commerce and technology and etc.. as the solutions for poverty. But if you are a person who valued God's given system for life and its proper way to obtain a wonderful life now and in the future, then you may be affected a lot to that reproductive health bill.
The author of the Bill stated the following objectives:
* To uphold and promote respect for life, informed choice, birth spacing and responsible parenthood in conformity with internationally recognized human rights standards. * To guarantee universal access to medically-safe, legal and quality reproductive health care services and relevant information even as it prioritizes the needs of women and children.
It thus really sound good, The Bill as most intellectuals would say is designed to protect the rights of the women, medical people in the maternity duty, promoting family and educating the youth for safe sex ( starting from Grade 5 - 10 to 11 year old kids) and be responsible in life, with all of these for 3 main goals ---- Anti-poverty, population control, AIDS(HIV) prevention. I may say a great cover up.
Now lets go to the Negative impact of this Bill!
1. If the Bill will be approved then we are permitting the people of the program to tell our young kids about condoms, pills and ways to prevent pregnancy.
2. If the Bill will be approved then we are opening the minds of our children that sex is something to try. Even they are not that ready for it. And because they are thought how to use condoms, then curiousity would force them to sex.
3. Because their minds are now tainted with sex education, the respect of having sex to the right girl or the right guy for the right time would be abolished. Probably raped cases would increase.
4. Sex should be discussed by home by the parents not through government programs, approving this bill affects the right of the parents in teaching their...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document