An Inventory Control System
Just Seeds Unlimited Co.
4105 Stuart Andrew Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28217
Distribution List (TBD)
Linnea L. Williams
PM598 – May 2011
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS5
1.1. General Description of Work5
1.2. What Must Be Included with Bid5
1.3. Schedule of Bid Period Activities6
1.4. Location of Work6
1.5. Pre-Bid Meeting7
1.6. Owner Contact for Questions7
1.7. Pre-Award Surveys8
1.8. Sealed Bid Requirements8
1.9. Basis for Bid Evaluation9
1.10. Ethical Standards10
1.11. Responsibility for Surety Bonds10
1.12. Proposal Format10
1.13. List of Bidders12
1.14. Letter of Acknowledgment13
2. DESCRIPTION OF WORK13
3.1. Breakdown of Bid Price15
3.2. Revisions and Extra Work15
3.3. Scheduled Completion Dates16
3.4. List of Subcontractors16
3.6. Key Supplier or Contractor Personnel17
3.7. List of Bid Document Addenda Reviewed by Bidder17
3.8. Notice of Conflicts or Errors in Bid Documents17
3.9. Bidder Signature17
4. SPECIFICATIONS AND DRAWINGS18
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND CONTRACT AGREEMENTS18
1. INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS
The following section entails information that Just Seeds Unlimited Co. requires of bidders when preparing the response bid proposal: 1.1. General Description of Work
Provide Just Seeds Unlimited Co. with a fully designed solution for an inventory management system. The system will include a sufficient inventory tracking system which is easy to learn and easy to train others. The procurement will be for the design stage only—implementation may or may not be handled under a separate contract at a later date. 1.2. What Must Be Included with Bid
* Letter of Transmittal
* Table of Contents
* Executive Summary
* List five companies that your firm has designed/implemented an inventory management system for that best reflect your work and relevancy to this project. Briefly list the role your firm played in each project. * Provide current reference information for three former or current clients. * Briefly describe your firm’s organizational capacity to produce our inventory management system (e.g. staff, equipment, software, physical space, office location, etc.). * How many full-time staff does your firm employ? Please include a copy of your firm’s organizational chart. * Provide a company profile, length of time in business and core competencies. * Briefly describe the percentage of your staff that would end of working on this project relative to your entire staff (using full time equivalents). For example, if you would use five staff on the project and you have ten designers, the percentage would be 50%. * What type of team will be assigned to this project? What will each person’s role be? Please include a brief background summary for each key staff member assigned to this project. * Briefly describe your firm’s project management process. * Explain your business model.
* Please discuss any hardware/software vendor partnerships. * Please discuss your testing and support plan.
* Time frame for completion. The time frame for completion of the project will be evaluated. In addition, time frames will be part of the contractual agreement; therefore, a realistic time frame for completion is requested. * Process to include input from all program areas. Please state how you intend to communicate with all program areas to gather all of the required information. * Terms and conditions.
1.3. Schedule of Bid Period Activities
Just Seeds Unlimited Co. intends to procure the updated inventory management system in accordance with the following schedule. However, Just Seeds Unlimited reserves the right to add, drop, or reschedule procurement.
Event | Time | Date|
Release RFP to Vendors|...