During the beginning of the Baptist Mission in the Philippines, Western Visayas was strategically divided in three ‘mission stations’ in Jaro, Iloilo, and Capiz in Panay Island, and Bacolod in Negros. Significant efforts were made that kept the Christian faith alive even up to this day. Likewise, it is worth revisiting; Iloilo Mission Station
Jaro Evangelical Church in Jaro, Iloilo City established on September 1900 known as the First Baptist Church in the Philippines. This is the first ground work of Braulio Manikan and Eric Lund. The Iloilo Mission Hospital (cooperatively with Presbyterians) was established in 1907. 
Central Philippine University formerly known as Jaro Industrial School was established in 1904. Dr.William Orson Valentine designed this vocational school to train boys to understand the dignity of labor and study in order to develop a strong character and prepare for living. Panay Station centered on Roxas City, Capiz
Baptist Home School established in 1904 is now called Filamer Christian College. The first Baptist Filipina Bar Topnotcher, Josefa Abiertas, a native Capiznon, nurtured by an American Baptist missionary was one of the pioneer student of this school. 
Capiz Evangelical (Baptist) Church formerly known as First Baptist Church was born through the effort of Dr. and Mrs. Lerrigo who reached the northern coast of Panay. The church building was dedicated on January 28, 1906.
Emmanuel Hospital was founded in 1908, the hospital is one of the living legacies of the American Baptist Mission in Capiz.
Negros Occidental Mission Station
Bacolod Evangelical Church was established in 1902.  The church was a former boy’s dormitory that became a “home-away-from-home” to most youngsters who were new to student life away...