An object is thrown upward with a speed of 14 m/s on the surface of planet X where the acceleration due to gravity is 3.5 m/s2. What is the speed of the object after 2.0 s? a. 5.6 m/s b. 7.0 m/s c. 14 m/s d. 21 m/s When she reaches terminal
10. A skydiver jumps from a high-flying plane. velocity, her acceleration a. is essentially zero. b. is in the upward direction. c. is approximately 9.8 m/s2 downward. d. is a constant pointing upward.
11. A ball is thrown upward at a velocity of 19.6 m/s. after 3.00 s? a. 9.8 m/s upward. b. 9.8 m/s downward. c. zero d. 19.6 downward.
What is its velocity
12. A ball is thrown vertically upward with a speed v. An identical second ball is thrown upward with a speed 2v (twice as fast). What is the ratio of the maximum height of the second ball to that of the first ball? (How many times higher does the second ball go than the first ball?) a. 4:1 b. 2:1 c. 1.7:1 d. 1.4:1
Page 3 13. A ball is thrown straight up with a speed of 36.0 m/s. take to return to its starting point? a. 3.67 s b. 7.35 s c. 11.0 s d. 14.7 s How long does it
14. Two objects are thrown from the top of a tall building. One is thrown up, and the other is thrown down, both with the same initial speed. What are their speeds when they hit the street? a. The one thrown up is traveling faster. b. The one thrown down is traveling faster. c. They are traveling at the same speed. d. It is impossible to tell because the height of the building is not given. 15. A ball is thrown straight up, reaches a maximum height, then falls to its initial height. As the ball is going up, a. both its velocity and its acceleration point upward. b. its velocity points upward and its acceleration points downward. c. its velocity points downward and its acceleration points upward. d. both its velocity and its acceleration points downward. 16. A ball is thrown straight up with an initial speed of 30 m/s. its speed after 4.2 s? a. 11 m/s b. 30 m/s c. 42 m/s d. 72 m/s What is
17. A brick is dropped from the top of a building. A second brick is thrown straight down from the same building. They are released at the same time. Neglect air resistance. Compare the accelerations of the two bricks. a. The first brick accelerates faster. b. The second brick accelerates faster. c. The two bricks accelerate at the same rate. d. It is impossible to determine from the information given. 18. The slope of a position versus time graph...